Sustrans Volunteer Group Co-ordinator in Dumfries...
When We Need You
From 20/02/2013 onwards
Sustrans is a leading sustainable transport charity promoting cycling and other methods of active travel.
Our volunteer group in Dumfries requires a Group Co-ordinator.
Main tasks are-
- to lead the group and be the main contact with Sustrans Scotland staff
- ensure the group meets on a regular basis,
- help group volunteers monitor the National Cycle Cycle Network 7 in Dumfries and Galloway, also the Maxwelltown path in Dumfries,
- co-ordinate work parties, promotional events, signing rides, liaison with neighbouring volunteer groups.
- assist with volunteer involvement in the Connect 2 project in Dumfries
-assist with induction of new volunteers and act as contact point for exisitng volunteers.
- an enthusiastic interest in Active Travel which includes cycling and walking.
- good administrative and people skills (although not a large amount of admin needed)
- well organised
- being a cyclist is not a requirement
- Time required
Variable according to activity level of group.
Group meetings minimum of twice per year, with average time commitment 2 hours per week.
About Sustrans Scotland
Sustrans makes smarter travel choices possible, desirable and inevitable. We're a leading UK charity enabling people to travel by foot, bike or public transport for more of the journeys we make every day. Much of this is via the National Cycle Network (NCN), which covers over 2,000 miles in Scotland, 1500 miles on road and over 500 miles off road, and much more across the UK as a whole.
Across the UK, the NCN carries over a million walking and cycling journeys daily in the UK and passes within a mile of 57% of the population.
We work with families, communities, policy-makers and partner organisations so that people are able to choose healthier, cleaner and cheaper journeys, with better places and spaces to move through and live in. It's time we all began making smarter travel choices. Make your move and support Sustrans today.
Skills & Experience
Good organisation and communication skills
Reliable & trustworthy
Approachable & friendly
Local person who lives fairly close to National Cycle Network route 7
It is NOT essential to be a cyclist.
Training and Induction Details
-National training day annually for group co-ordinators. -ongoing support from Sustrans Scotland Volunteer team
Annual day for all Sustrans Volunteer Rangers
support and training from Volunteer team at Sustrans Scotland.
links to other Sustrans Volunteer ranger groups
Community / Economic Development Work
Sports / Outdoor activities
Conservation / Gardening
Sport / Outdoor activities
Reasonable travel and other expenses incurred in volunteer work will be reimbursed
No Disabled Toilet
Frequency & Commitment
Time required by arrangement with local Sustrans group in discussion with Volunteer Team at Sustrans Scotland
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
VMP Ref: 1363
9 Haymarket Terrace
Contact: Derek Mullins
Tel: 0131 346 9789
Dumfries and Galloway
Currently no events available